Complete Orange Book Kit, 4th Grade Skills, Learning Language Arts Through Literature
Click to enlarge image(s)
With literature as its basis, this popular English program integrates spelling, reading, grammar, vocabulary, writing, poetry, research, and study skills. Besides that, it is easy for moms to use—all the preparation is done for you! The Teacher book contains everything needed to be both a teacher’s manual and a student’s workbook. The answers are included in a side bar on each page. The Student Activity Book that contains the same student work found in the basic book (without the answers) in an appealing, illustrated format with space to write in all the answers, as well as some extra enrichment activities such as word puzzles, analogies, logic/reasoning activities and more. Each level uses four good reading books as an integral part of the program. Complete kit includes the Teacher Book, the Student Activity Book, plus the 4 reading books you will need to complete the course.
The Orange Book is a blend of dictation of literature passages, book studies, and special writing units. The story writing unit also includes instructions on making and binding their new book. Editing and synonym practice will strengthen your student’s writing. Lessons integrate all the fourth grade language arts skills: grammar, creative writing, composition, spelling, higher-order reasoning, and study skills.
- 36 weekly lessons divided into easy-to-use daily plans. Teacher friendly, with little or no preparation needed! Everyday Words lessons contain dictation, grammar exercises, spelling tips, creative writing, and more.
- Five units that provide the opportunity for your student to apply skills through various styles. The five units include:
- Journal Writing
- Story Writing and Book Making
- Four Book Studies (listed in the order which they appear):
- The Boxcar Children (Book #1) by Gertrude Chandler Warner
- Wilbur and Orville Wright by Augusta Stevenson
- Ben and Me: An Astonishing Life of Benjamin Franklin By His Good Mouse Amos by Robert Lawson
- The Sign of the Beaver by Elizabeth George Speare
- Each book study contains a summary, vocabulary skills, reading comprehension, and exciting activities.
- Review Activities follow most lessons providing additional skill practice.
- Assessments help teachers to evaluate student's progress.
You might also be interested in these items: