The Red Book Complete Set, 2nd Grade Skills, Learning Language Arts Through Literature
Click to enlarge image(s)
|The Red Book, the second grade reading program continues phonics instruction that will bring confidence and fluency to the beginning reader. Students will enjoy the exciting stories in the readers and use them to learn grammar, creative writing, higher-order thinking skills, and much more. The program includes a Teacher Book, a Student Activity Book, and 6 readers, each containing several stories all packaged in a convenient, box.
36 weekly lessons divided into easy-to-use daily plans. Lessons require little or no preparation! Instructions and activities for phonics, reading skills, grammar, creative writing, and higher-order thinking skills taken from six delightful readers! Includes a quick review of first grade phonics and instruction in advanced phonics.
The Red Book Complete Set, second grade reading program includes a Teacher Book, a Student Activity Book, and six readers all packaged in a convenient box. 3rd edition
- The "real book" read alouds needed for this program are easily found at your library or purchased from bookstores.
- Enrichment Activities included in The Red Book Program will challenge your student with thinking, writing, and creative activities that are ideal for the fluent reader and easily adaptable for the nonreader.
- Handwriting instruction teaches upper and lower-case letters, numbers, plus punctuation! Illustrated practice sheets encourage your students to do their best.
- Phonics Facts, Grammar Guides, and Punctuation Pointers keep students on track.
- Games, word-wheels, flip books, and more hands-on projects and activities are effective for all types of learners.
- Spelling lessons include spelling lists, word puzzles, and spelling tips.
- Assessments enable teachers to evaluate progress. Phonics Facts, Grammar Guides, Syllable Sense, and Punctuation Pointers aid students in remembering the tricks of the trade for reading, grammar, and spelling.
You might also be interested in these items: