5th Grade Writing Program: Can-Do Cursive + Building Writers F + Writing Journal F
Click to enlarge image(s)
Here's a complete writing composition and penmanship program for your fifth graders or older students still mastering or learning cursive. Three books total.
- Students receive a quick, thorough review of cursive with emphasis on difficult connections
- Practice pages reinforce other language arts lessons, such as grammar and Greek/Latin word roots
- Cursive skills are used to write paragraphs, poetry, and thank you notes
Our Building Writers composition workbooks offer extra practice for writing skills development. Students become better, more fluent writers as they write about and practice three writing styles: narrative, information, and opinion.
- Narrative: Students write a story with a clear sequence of events; introduce a narrator and characters; include dialogue and description; use details to effectively communicate the experiences of characters and events; use words and phrases to show the order of events; and write a conclusion
- Information: Students clearly introduce the topic; organize related information into logical paragraphs or sections; write facts, definitions, and details about the topic; use quotations and concrete details to develop the topic; include topic-specific vocabulary; connect ideas with linking words and phrases; and write a conclusion
- Opinion: Students write an introduction that clearly states an opinion; write ideas and supporting reasons in an organized structure; write supporting reasons with facts and details, connect an opinion and supporting reason with linking words; and write a conclusion.
- Narrow double lines and single lines
- 80 pages
You might also be interested in these items: