Ebook: The Purple Book - Teacher's Book- Learning Language Arts through Literature, 5th Grade Skills
Click to enlarge image(s)
With literature as its basis, this popular English program integrates spelling, reading, grammar, vocabulary, writing, poetry, research, and study skills. Besides that, it is easy for moms to use—all the preparation is done for you!
The Purple Book is a blend of dictation and unit studies including poetry, oral presentations, and speech making. The updated third edition is even easier to use with added vocabulary and spelling exercises. Lessons integrate all the fifth grade language arts skills: grammar, creative writing, composition, spelling, higher-order reasoning, and study skills.
Each book study contains a summary, vocabulary skills, reading comprehension, and exciting activities.
- 36 weekly lessons divided into easy-to-use daily plans. Teacher friendly, with little or no preparation needed!
- Everyday Words: Students hone in on grammar skills through dictation and writing exercises.
- Speech Making and Oral Presentation Units: Students learn how to make oral presentations such as speeches and stories.
- Poetry Unit: Additional creative writing and expression are taught extensively using poetry.
- Four Book Studies (sold separately)
- Farmer Boy by Laura Ingalls Wilder
- Trumpet of the Swan by E.B.White
- Number the Stars by Lois Lowry
- Caddie Woodlawn by Carol Ryrie Brink
The Skills Index provides an easy skill reference.
Review Activities follow most lessons providing additional skill practice.
Assessments help teachers to evaluate student's progress.
**Your Ebook will be emailed to you once your order has been processed in our system. The link sent to you will expire 14 days after the sent date. Be sure to download the file to your computer as soon as you receive the email**
You might also be interested in these items: