The Purple Book Complete Set, 5th Grade Skills, Learning Language Arts Through Literature
Click to enlarge image(s)
Homeschoolers love this complete program for 5th grade. Everything is here to have a fun and interesting 5th grade Language Arts program! The Purple Book is a blend of dictation and unit studies including poetry, oral presentations, speech making, vocabulary and spelling exercises. Lessons integrate all the fifth grade language arts skills: grammar, creative writing, composition, spelling, higher-order reasoning, and study skills.
The Purple Student Activity Book is the perfect companion for The Purple Teacher Book! Everything in one book: student instruction, a place for writing, and a tool for easy record keeping. Allows for more independent work, a bonus for teachers. The Purple Student Activity book provides Enrichment Activities such as word puzzles, analogies, logic/reasoning activities and more
- 36 weekly lessons divided into easy-to-use daily plans. Teacher friendly, with little or no preparation needed!
- Everyday Words: Students hone in on grammar skills through dictation and writing exercises.
- Speech Making and Oral Presentation Units: Students learn how to make oral presentations such as speeches and stories.
- Poetry Unit: Additional creative writing and expression are taught extensively using poetry.
- Four Book Studies: (all books are included in this Complete Set)
- Farmer Boy by Laura Ingalls Wilder
- Trumpet of the Swan by E.B.White
- Number the Stars by Lois Lowry
- Caddie Woodlawn by Carol Ryrie Brink
- Each book study contains a summary, vocabulary skills, reading comprehension, and exciting activities.
- The Skills Index provides an easy skill reference.
- Review Activities follow most lessons providing additional skill practice.
- Assessments help teachers to evaluate student's progress.
The complete Purple Book Set includes: Teacher Book, Student Activity Book and 4 reading books essential to the program--everything you need!
You might also be interested in these items: