With literature as its basis, this popular English program integrates spelling, reading, grammar, vocabulary, writing, poetry, research, and study skills. Besides that, it is easy for moms to use—all the preparation is done for you! 7th grade students mature in their language arts skills through 36 lessons. Based on dictation lessons, the Everyday Words unit teaches grammar, sentence structure, and sentence diagramming using classical literature for the middle school student. The Poetry Unit encourages an appreciation while memorizing, reciting, and analyzing various poems. In the Short Story Unit, students will analyze the elements of a story, develop a plot line, write dialogue and much more. In the Research Unit, students will learn how to do research in an easy to follow step by step plan for student and teacher.
- 36 weekly lessons divided into easy-to-use daily plans. Teacher friendly, with little or no teacher preparation needed!
Three Unit Studies
- Short Story
Three Book Studies (books sold separately):
- The Star of Light by Patricia St. John
- The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart
- Much Ado About Nothing - a play by William Shakespeare
- Each Book Study contains a summary, vocabulary skills, reading comprehension, and exciting activities.
- The Skills Index provides an easy skill reference.
- Review Activities follow each lesson providing additional skill practice.
- Assessments aid teachers in identifying strengths and weaknesses.
Optional (sold separately): The Green Student Activity Book is the perfect companion for the Green Teacher Book. Everything in one book: student instruction, a place for writing, and a tool for easy record keeping. Allows for more independent work, a bonus for teachers. The Green Student Activity Book provides Enrichment Activities such as word puzzles, analogies, logic/reasoning activities and more found only in the Student Activity Book. (Answers are found in The Teacher Book.) 3rd Edition
Your ebook will be emailed to you directly from the publisher.