Begin Life of Fred: Fractions when Math-it or the addition and multiplication facts, plus long division have been mastered—about 5th grade.
In this book (Life of Fred: Fractions) and the next book (Life of Fred: Decimals and Percents) you can learn everything you need to know to begin algebra!
In one morning, our hero:
- Teaches a class at the university
- Buys a bicycle
- In his office, he hurts his foot and is taken to the hospital.
...and that's just the beginning of his day!
You will learn:
Less Than, Billion, Cardinal and Ordinal Numbers, Diameter and Radius, Savings and Expenses, Definition of a Fraction, Sectors, Comparing Fractions, Reducing Fractions, Adding and Subtracting Fractions, Common Denominators, Roman Numerals, Least Common Multiples, Improper Fractions, Lines of Symmetry, Division by Zero, Circumference, Multiplying Mixed Numbers, Commutative Law, Canceling, Definition of a Function, Area, Unit Analysis, Division of Fractions, Geometric Figures, Estimating Answers.
Sample questions from Fractions:
1. Write 99 in Roman numerals.
2. What is the square of two and five-eighths?
3. What is the inverse function to "multiply by six and then add twenty-four"?
Hardback, 192 pages.